A large pop-up block party in Syracuse, New York, turned violent in the early hours of Sunday, resulting in injuries to at least 13 people, according to the police.
Law enforcement arrived at the chaotic scene to find a sizable crowd consisting of “hundreds” of individuals and victims who had been shot, stabbed, or struck by vehicles as they attempted to flee.
Police have provided information based on victims discovered at the scene or nearby hospitals, indicating that four individuals suffered gunshot wounds, five were stabbed, and four were hit by vehicles. The victims, including both men and women in their teens and early 20s, are expected to survive, said Syracuse Police Lt. Matthew Malinowski.
• 20-year-old female with a gunshot wound to the right hip.
• 22-year-old female with a gunshot wound to the abdomen.
• 17-year-old female with gunshot wounds to the hip and midsection.
• 20-year-old male with a gunshot wound to the forearm.
• 23-year-old female with a laceration to the hand.
• 19-year-old female with a laceration to the head.
• 25-year-old female with multiple lacerations to the shoulder and midsection.
• 17-year-old female with a laceration to the leg and arm.
• 17-year-old male with a laceration to the hand.
Victims Hit by Vehicles:
• 24-year-old female with lacerations to both legs after being struck by a vehicle.
• 23-year-old female with abrasions to the side after being struck by a vehicle and falling to the ground.
• 22-year-old male with abrasions to the side and foot after being struck by a vehicle and falling to the ground.
• 22-year-old female with abrasions to the midsection after being struck by a vehicle and falling to the ground.
The investigation is currently active and ongoing. Syracuse Police are urging anyone with information about the incident to contact the Criminal Investigations Division at (315) 442-5222.