Connect with us

Long Story Short

Woman Dies, Husband In Coma After Eating Puffer Fish



An elderly woman died and her husband is in a coma after they unwittingly bought toxic puffer fish and ate it for lunch. The couple’s family said the victims purchased it from their usual fishmonger and had no idea it contained deadly toxins. According to The Star, 83-year-old Lim Siew Guan started having trouble breathing immediately while her husband began having symptoms an hour later.

“I am prepared for the worst because the doctor told us that even if he is able to pull through the ordeal, he might not be the same any more, due to his old age,” his daughter, Ng Ai Lee, told the Malaysian newspaper.

Lee, 51, said her 84-year-old father purchased the fish unknowingly as there were only a few selections left.

Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply


Shop Smart