LUCKY TO BE ALIVE: Bungee Jumper’s Cord Snaps After He Leaps From 30-Meter Podium
A man who was on vacation with friends in Thailand is lucky to be alive after his bungee cord snapped when he jumped from a 30-meter-high podium at the Changthai Thappraya Safari and Adventure Park in Pattaya last month.
Footage of the incident posted online shows the man, identified as Mike from Hong Kong, smashing into the water from a five-meter height. He blacked out but soon came around. Staff helped him out of the lake.
Mike returned to Hong Kong and was hospitalized with a lung infection, which he said was likely caused by ingesting the dirty water in the lake into which he had unexpectedly plunged.
The park refunded his entrance ticket and covered the cost of his immediate medical care in Thailand, His travel insurance covered the rest. Mike is now filing a complaint against the park, reported The Straits Times.
Bungee jump operator Natthaphon Yokcharoen apologized, telling The Straits Times: “Thappraya Safari has been open for seven years and nothing like this has ever happened. All of our equipment is licensed. I would like to apologize for this incident.”
Watch the video below.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login