Connect with us

NEWS

Pentagon Refuses To Rule Out Aliens As DOD Still Doesn’t Know What it Shot Down Over Lake Huron

Published

on

US Pentagon

For the third time in as many days, the U.S. military on Sunday shot down another “unidentified flying object flying over North America, this time over Lake Huron in Michigan, U.S. officials said, and Pentagon officials are refusing to rule out that the recent unidentified objects shot out of the sky over Lake Huron today could be aliens, The Daily Beast reports.

US Air Force General Glen VanHerck said that intelligence services are exploring all avenues – including that the three most recent objects could be linked to extraterrestrials.

The shoot down on Sunday occurred after the “octagonal” object flew near a sensitive US military site in Montana – and had “potential surveillance capabilities,” the Department of Defense said Sunday in a statement. But the Pentagon has yet to determine where the object came from and what the object’s purpose was, according to two U.S. officials.

“We have not yet been able to definitively assess” what the objects are, Dalton said.

When asked Sunday evening about whether the objects were alien in nature, the commander of NORAD and USNORTHCOM, Gen. Glen VanHerck, declined to rule out alien origins and deferred comment to the intelligence community.

“I’ll let the intel community and the counterintelligence community figure that out. I haven’t ruled out anything, at this point. We continue to assess every threat or potential threat unknown that approaches North America with an attempt to identify [it],” VanHerck said.

This is the fourth object the U.S. military has taken down in the last week.

The unprecedented flurry of activity in the skies has raised questions about the U.S. government’s capability to track potential threats to the United States and what nation—or other entity—may be responsible for the “objects.”

Although the DoD assessed the first object was a spy balloon, there are still mysteries about what the other recently downed objects are, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Homeland Defense and Hemispheric Affairs Melissa Dalton told reporters in a briefing Sunday evening.

“We have not yet been able to definitively assess” what the objects are, Dalton said.

Advertisement

Shop Smart