The fallout from newly released Jeffrey Epstein files just crossed a dramatic line.
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor — formerly known as Prince Andrew — was reportedly arrested Thursday in England amid new revelations around his relationship with the late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, according to the BBC.
Authorities took the 60-something royal into custody at Sandringham Estate in Norfolk, the country residence owned by his brother, King Charles III. Andrew had recently moved there after vacating his longtime home in Berkshire.
Thames Valley Police confirmed they arrested “a man in his 60s from Norfolk” on suspicion of misconduct in public office. In keeping with U.K. practice, they did not officially name the suspect.
Police said they are conducting searches at properties in both Norfolk and Berkshire.
Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said an investigation had formally been opened following “a thorough assessment” of the allegations.
“We understand the significant public interest in this case,” Wright said, adding that authorities would provide updates when appropriate.
According to the BBC, documents recently released by the U.S. Department of Justice under the Epstein Files Transparency Act include materials showing Mountbatten-Windsor allegedly shared confidential information with Jeffrey Epstein while serving as the United Kingdom’s Special Representative for Trade and Investment.
However, officials indicated the investigation is not limited solely to those disclosures.
The document release has reignited scrutiny over Andrew’s longstanding relationship with Epstein, the disgraced financier who died in jail in 2019 while awaiting trial on federal sex trafficking charges.
Andrew has for years faced allegations tied to Epstein’s trafficking network. One of Epstein’s accusers, the late Virginia Giuffre, wrote in her memoir that she was trafficked to Andrew by Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell and sexually abused. Andrew has consistently denied wrongdoing.
He previously stepped back from royal duties and was stripped of his military affiliations and royal patronages. In October, King Charles formally removed his remaining royal titles following renewed scrutiny tied to Epstein-related disclosures.
In a statement, King Charles said he learned of the arrest “with the deepest concern.”
“The law must take its course,” the monarch said, adding that the matter should proceed through “the full, fair and proper process.”
He declined further comment.
Under U.K. law, misconduct in public office is a serious offense that can carry significant penalties if proven. Authorities have not yet announced whether charges will be filed.
For now, the investigation is ongoing — and the Epstein scandal, years after the financier’s death, continues to reverberate through powerful circles on both sides of the Atlantic.
More updates are expected as the case develops.




